I came, I saw, I-- huh?

"It is produced by no more than 2 carbon manufacturers in the world."
??? Like what... BP Amoco? Sumitomo? Mitsubishi? Nippon Graphite Fiber Corporation? Kureha Corporation?

Update: On further inspection, it wasn't only a puncture that I had... the rim took some dps too. Quite a headache if it can't be kept true after repair because I can't find a matching rim anymore. I was saying, that given the taxi rates over here, the break-even point for a $5000 wheelset is 7500km provided that repair/maintenance cost is included in the $5000. Of course, that's if you were riding as fast as Cancellara a taxi.

Mood: Alkan, Le chemin de fer in D-minor, Op. 27

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of wheels were these? Is this in USD or Singapore dollars?

That totally sucks though.

Luca said...

Oh nono, I was thinking about the 2k weaves on the Storck Fascenario 0.7 IS, and I didn't have a wheelset in mind when I stipulated S$5000. The rim which I damaged is just a ZTR 355 though - I can't find the older version anymore, and will probably try some carbon MTB rims next if it can't be repaired.

Luca said...

And oh, I just read your blog. You're doing math in graduate school! That's so awesome D: Academicians and cyclists seem to be nearly disparate populations... S:

E said...

hi yui, i actually have some question for you about your bike. can i contact you regarding this?

range said...

Hey Iyurie,
Yep, and I'm in Taiwan! I do agree that cyclists and academicians go well together. I'd rather spend $5,000 USD on a bike than a car!

Luca said...

^E: Sure. ephedyn@physicsforums.com
^range: Ohhh, I can understand why; Taiwan is really nice. Singapore isn't very cyclist-friendly. Neither are the cars cheap as a compensation. ):

Post a Comment